You bathroom may be small, but that doesn’t mean you should give up on improving the space. With the right steps, you can maximize your bath’s available space and improve its look. Marcela Montoya Remodeling, your expert in interior design in Boca Raton, FL, shares six handy design tips.
1. Choose a compact vanity. When equipping your bath with a vanity, keep its size in mind. Select one that can provide the extra storage you need but is specially designed to fit small bathrooms. This frees up available floor space in the room.
2. Install a frameless shower. You might want to consider this option for your next remodeling project. A glass-walled shower doesn’t close the way traditional shower curtains or tub-shower combos do, giving your bath a more open, spacious feel.
3. Invest in hanging bath fixtures. These include shelves, sinks, and other accessories. You can, for instance, install a hanging shelf for soaps and other bath essentials to free up counter space. If you prefer, you can update a traditional sink with a small, modern vessel-type. This makes the room look bigger, while serving as a good focal point in the small bath.
4. Let in a significant amount of natural light. If you’re investing in bathroom remodeling in Fort Lauderdale, FL, why not knock in a few walls and install larger windows or even a skylight? These allow considerable natural light to spill into the room and reduce its cramped feel. If new windows aren’t possible, update your lighting instead.
5. Use mirrors effectively. This is an old but still effective trick. Since mirrors reflect light, they create the illusion of a more spacious room. Just be sure to place them in strategic spots—for instance, on the adjacent wall to the window. For a sleek, elegant look, choose a large mirror with slim, ornate frames.
6. Color your bathroom walls in light hues. You should try sunny yellows, sky blues, and creamy whites. These brighten up the room and make it look larger. Heavy and dark colors close up the space, so be sure to avoid them.
When you’re planning a home remodeling in West Palm Beach, FL, be sure to include a small bath in the list. Marcela Montoya Remodeling can help you enhance your spaces with our high-end products and professional design team. With us, you can expect only a comfortable and functional bathroom that perfectly fits your needs. Call us today at (954) 210-7111 or fill out this form to schedule your consultation.